Three types of people in response to God
The fear of God is the continual awareness that I am in the presence of a holy, just, and almighty God, and that every thought, word, action, and deed is open before Him and being judged by Him.
• Hebrews 4:12-13
• Luke 12:2-3
• 2 Chronicles 16:9
• Psalms 33:13-15
There are 3 main types of people in their response to the fear of God.
1. People who do not fear God at all
• Psalms 36:1
• Romans 3:9-20
• Luke 18:1-8
2. Those who are afraid of God- fear makes them run from God
• Matthew 7:13-23
• Exodus 20:18-21 children of Israel didn't want to get too close
• Revelations 6: 15-17
3. Those who fear God out of reverence draw close to Him.
• Exodus 33:7-19
• Psalms 103:7
Moses feared God, but was not afraid of Him. He spoke to God as a man speaks to a friend.
• Exodus 33:11 Moses had a relationship with God.
• Deuteronomy 4:10-14, 5:22-27, 14:23
We must learn to fear God, teach our children the fear of God, and learn how to walk in His ways. The children of Israel were afraid because they had no intimate relationship with God. Relationship turns terror into understanding that even discipline is an act of love.